Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Terrible, terrible twos

Our sweet, loving child has been replaced with an obstinate, demanding, screaming, fit-throwing toddler.  Guess we are right on track for that developmental milestone.  Piaget could have kept that one for himself.

To paraphrase Nietzsche, "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."  J & I should have the strength of Hercules.

He refused to potty this weekend.  He threw fits that involved throwing, kicking, spitting, biting, screaming, shrieking, and stripping down to bare skin.  Yes, twice today, he ripped his clothes off and screamed bloody murder.  I'm tired just thinking about it.

In the meantime, he has successfully used the potty for two straight days at daycare.  Are you kidding me?

On that note, I am going to bed in the hopes of erasing today's fits and that tomorrow will be a better day.

Names

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. Fits can be so much fun. Ruby is my fit pitcher. They seem to be much worse when she is on the cusp of a milestone, when her schedule has changed significantly, or if she is hungry. My guess is this is all about potty training and that as he gets used to the idea of it and masters the skill the sweet, lovable Cooper will be back.

    I feel your pain. Know you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think of the latest Cooper happenings.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails