Wednesday, May 16, 2012

So proud

 Cooper received two awards in one week. 

He was selected as the Music Citizen by his music teacher.  Her comment was that "He's such a great kid."


Then he was selected to receive the Fruit of the Spirit in Chapel this morning.  I surprised him by sneaking in. He had no idea I was there until right before they called his name.   There are nine fruits: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.  When we heard he was getting the award, I was curious which fruit(s) he would be recognized for because we have needed some emphasis on patience and self-control lately.  I am happy to see him recognized for joy and goodness.  All the teachers comment on how happy and affectionate he is.  I hope these are traits that continue, and I love that the school uses this to recognize these.


 Receiving his award from one of his favorite teachers, Mr. C.

He was a little shell-shocked (and I love the hand in the pocket).

The pictures aren't the best, but they capture him so well.  For once, he looked small surrounded by elementary and middle school kids.  Only a few more weeks of school, so fingers crossed for smooth sailing.


Names

1 comment:

Tell me what you think of the latest Cooper happenings.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails