Sunday, June 6, 2010

Busy guy and sounds of the backyard

Cooper and I spent a good portion of the day hanging out in the backyard.  Even though the yard isn't landscaped yet, we have made some progress and Cooper does have a place to play.  That's the important part.




Dirty, but happy.  What more could a Mom ask for?

Cooling off.

Chasing our Mockingbird (he's right above the top arch of the fence on the left).

Finally, some vegetables and herbs in the ground, with a fun pinwheel for Cooper.  Thanks to Papa for digging it up for us.

I cannot believe this rose bush and hydrangea survived all the contractors who traipsed through our yard during the renovation.  Now, if I can just keep the bugs from eating the roses.  But things are blooming, and Cooper loves it.

You can't see them here, but we have two baby mockingbirds living in our azalea bush. We enjoyed watching the mama feed worms to her babies.  Lots of singing in the yard.

Carolina blue in bloom in my backyard.  Makes me happy.

"Mommy, pick me a piece to smell."  I love that he wants to take time to smell the rosemary.  Sorry about the pun.
The best part about the day was that before going to bed Cooper told me, "Mommy, I had fun with you today."  Who needs landscaping when you get that kind of response?

Names

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think of the latest Cooper happenings.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails