Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Recent Cooperisms & the Christmas Spirit

Lately Cooper has turned into a little bit of a clown.  We never know what he is going to say or do next.  I hear that it goes with the age.  Let's hope J and I survive it.

As I am driving him to school one morning he told me that he wanted to go back home.  When I asked him why, his response was "Preschool makes me nuts."  Where the heck did that come from?  Oh, maybe out of my mouth.  Well not the preschool part, but I know I say lots of other things make me nuts.

When I told J the story, he said that Cooper told him the same thing when they where in Target on a hunt for a prelit Christmas tree.  Target makes you nuts?  I would agree during the holiday season.

Cooper is really trying to understand this Christmas thing going on all around him.  I am struggling with how to teach a three year old about Jesus being the reason why we have Christmas.  I bought a board book that I am hoping will lead me into a better connection, but I welcome advice on how to make it make sense.

He asks where is the Christmas season?  Is Santa watching?  When is Santa coming?  He is singing bits and pieces of Jingle Bells and Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.  He can also list off most of the reindeer.

J has him convinced that Santa is watching him through the small Christmas tree in his room.  I am hoping for no long-term damage with that one.

When he sees Christmas lights, he says more each time he sees another house.  He is very happy with all the lights his Dad has put around the house.  I just realized I need to take a picture of that one.

He also thinks that Santa is coming to put the star on top of the tree.  So, I think we are going to wait until Christmas Eve to add the star.  There's nothing wrong with a little Christmas magic.  Right?


Names

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think of the latest Cooper happenings.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails