Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Field Trip

This could also be labeled "The Worse Field Trip Ever" or "What Was I Thinking?"

Since it was only his second day at the new school, I thought one of us should be there with him.  Big mistake.  We went to local botanical gardens where the class would take a tour of the children's garden and learn about the attributes of flowers.  He decided it was time to test the boundaries, show off, drive me crazy, embarrass me in front of the parents I had never met before, etc, etc, etc.

He would not listen, get in a line, follow directions, but would run off where he wanted to go and show an attitude.  You get the idea.  I wanted to be swallowed up by the Earth rather than continue this trip.  I got lots of those looks from those parents that I hope meant that they understood that he was in a new surrounding and wasn't always a brat.

I did manage to get a few shots.  There could have been a great Easter photo op, but he would have none of that.




I had to convince him to make the craft project because I knew he would melt down if he got back to the school and didn't have one.

But wait, it got worse.  Because I had to get back in time for a meeting, I had arranged for Cooper to ride back with another parent.  Cue screaming here.  He would not be part of the class picture, but decided to grab onto me and wail.  Fun times.  We got out to the parking lot, and it got worse.  His teacher was holding him back so I could get into the car.  She assured me he would be fine once I left (which he was), but I felt horrible for leaving him with another parent.  Thank you B.

I made it back for the meeting only a few minutes late, after changing my clothes in the car (hope there are no security cameras in that part of the deck).  Next field trip, it's Dad's turn.

Names

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think of the latest Cooper happenings.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails