Lots of excitement this week, and being it was just the two of us, I didn't get as many pictures as normal. On Sunday afternoon, Cooper was playing in his sandbox. I was flipping over his sand toys when I noticed a spiderweb on the bottom of one of the toys. Richmond is known for its spiders, but this is not one I wanted to see ... a black widow with babies. So, spiders eliminated and Cooper continues to play. Now, one more thing I have to worry about when he goes outside.
Oh, and we have the grandparents on stand-by to come help because Cooper has a knack for getting sick when John goes out of town. A variety of bugs are going around daycare, so I thought it was only a matter of time.
A little later on, we go inside to eat dinner. Cooper refused the spaghetti sauce I
slaved over made for him, so I made an alternate meal. He has not had peanut butter yet due the scare we had when he was almost five months old. Briefly, he had an significant allergic reaction (hives all over his face and body) late one night. We never did find out what caused it, even after multiple allergy tests. So, I thought I would start him off on almond butter rather than peanut butter.
I smeared a little on a very small piece of bread ... and stood by with an epi-pen. And watched him beg for more. He loved it, and no reaction. So I proceed with giving him a couple more pieces on his plate. Seconds later, he is now choking because he put all the bread in his mouth at once. Good thing I paid attention during all those CPR/Rescue Breathing classes. And never thought I would need to use it on my own child. Luckily, I only needed the finger sweep portion.
We did survive the rest of the night, and Monday went by uneventful. Cooper loves to be helpful, and decided his new duty is the trash. I don't think he knows this was full of his dirty diapers.
We survived Wednesday unscathed. Thursday was not so lucky. I was walking down to daycare to pick him up when I get a phone call that he had taken a tumble. Evidently, he only knows one speed ... fast running (more to come about that later). When they came in to the classroom from outside, he ran right into the chair and split open his chin. It was a slow night in the ED, so after a little DermaBond (fancy glue rather than stiches) we were on our way home to see the visiting grandparents. I haven't managed to get a picture of the chin yet.
Friday deserves it's own post, so that will come next.