Sunday, May 10, 2009

Maymont - 1st Field Trip

All I can say is that the daycare teachers are very brave to take three classes of toddlers on a field trip. We went to Maymont to visit the Children's Farm. Poppa and Grammy came to Richmond to join us on this adventure. You may notice a pattern with the pictures, only the backside of Cooper. He was so excited to see the animals, so not so many pics of his face. He was squealing with delight. Some of his favorites were the pigs, goats, chickens and sheep.

I'm not quite sure what to say about this one. Who knows what he was looking at? Just glad that the goat wasn't offended that Cooper didn't paying attention to him.


He was so excited to feed the goat. He had a hard time holding onto the food, but did eventually get a little into the goat's mouth.

I included this one for one reason. See how I am holding onto the back of his overalls. This was a pattern for the day ... me running to keep up with him. Poor Poppa needed a nap after this adventure. Cooper ran everywhere. Most of the time with me holding my breath. For those of you who have not been to Maymont, it is either uphill or downhill. He ran all the way down ... on asphalt. I kept thinking we would need a return trip to the ED if he kept this up.

The morning ended with a picnic lunch. Almond butter sandwich, cantalope and grapes. A big hit all around. Yes, that's the forehead booboo from earlier in the week.


The final event at Maymont was a new booboo. While holding my hand and walking on flat ground, he tripped and skinned his knee. I made him promise no more accidents until after Mother's Day. After all this excitement, he took a 3.5 hour nap. It was a great day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think of the latest Cooper happenings.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails