Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day

Cooper gave me and J a nice present to start the day. He slept until 8:30, after being up every 2-3 hours for the last THREE nights. Yes, I said three nights. It was like back to newborn days. We thought it was two-year molars coming the rest if the way in, but more on that later. Needless to say, Cooper has been a little on edge (nice way to say being a bear or a crab or any other irritable creature you can think of) but we love him very much anyway.

We had a nice breakfast, courtesy of Grammy (oh, and Cooper is now calling her Grammy instead of Grandpa now). My parents were on their way after a sleet delay so we planned a dinner meal for everyone. To split the day up for Cooper, we decided to let him open some presents now. He really got into taking every piece of paper ... no matter how small ... off all the presents.




 
He got his first digital camera.  He couldn't wait for J to open it.  I think he took 200 pictures within the first 30 minutes, so of which weren't too bad for a two year old.  I will have to post some of those so you can see what he sees.  Some are quite hysterical.




I love this one where he is looking back over his shoulder.  He didn't feel well, but he was a trooper in spite of it all.


I love the crazy side of the McCormacks.  As you can see, the monkey theme is continuing.

 
And every boy needs a decoy.  Yeah, just go with it.  Meet Quackers or Puddles.  The name depends on what I can remember at that point in time.  I see lots of baths in Quackers future.

And finally, we gave Cooper a kid's size cleaning trolley.  For all of you who follow Cooper's stories, you know he is OBSESSED with brooms, mops, dustpans, vacuums, etc.  So, when I saw this, I couldn't resist.  Listen closely and you can hear him chant "Broom."  Maybe he will be a cleaning company entrepreneur.



While Cooper napped, we got my mother-in-law on the Wii.  We couldn't wait to try our new Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics game.  Snowboarding and bobsledding, hear we come.

My parents finally arrived, and Cooper got to play with his favorite four-legged creature, Mitti.



Another round of presents yielded some terrific smiles from Cooper.



And the best present of all ...


... lots of family and friends spending the day together.  Thank you to everyone who joined us and shared in the joy of the season.  

Names

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think of the latest Cooper happenings.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails