Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The words we hear

Cooper is speaking words and sentences like crazy lately ... much of which we can understand. There are still those random ones that we have no idea of what he is saying, but it keeps us guessing.

A few days ago, I was wearing my little twistie towel on my head after the shower. I went in to get Cooper dressed that morning. He patted me on the head and said "You gotta pretty hat Mama." Needless to say, it started my morning out right.

Some of his favorite sentences are "I did it" and "What happened?" We are hearing more "peez" and "thank you." He gets a kick out of saying "Bess you Mama" whenever I sneeze.

In honor of the upcoming holiday, we are hearing lots of "Cristmas tee," "Anta Claus," and "Dada put up pwetty ites."

Tonight, it wasn't a phrase or a sentence that cracked us up ... just one word. Unfortunately, he has inherited my skin and his eczema is really acting up. After J put him in the bath, he lubed him up with all the appropriate creams and lotions. One of the worst spots was his bottom, which J put Boudreaux's on, and then put him to bed. Several minutes later, he started crying. When I went in his room, he was standing there with his pants in one hand and his diaper in the other. He was crying the word "Butt." I guess his poor little bottom was hurting him so bad that he just couldn't stand it. We helped him out and he drifted right off to sleep.

J and I are happy that he is able to use his words to tell us what he needs or wants, and especially when he is able to vocalize his excitement.

What word, phrase or sentence from a loved one brings the best smile to your face?

Names

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think of the latest Cooper happenings.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails